Jul 29, 2009

Must vent...

Ever since I posted my ab pics on Face Book, i've been getting lots of comments. A couple that really IRK me (and prob just b/c i'm so dieted out) are, "wow, you changed fast!" or "you got lean really quick".

Sounds like a compliment, and i'm SURE it was ment as a compliment, but honestly... I'VE BEEN BUSTING MY ASS FOR 5 WEEKS NOW! Nothing came fast, nothing came easy. And no, i'm not taking anything either!

This is just as hard for me, (and even HARDER - it seemed - this time) than anyone else prepping for a show. Mind you, i stay around 16% body fat for most of the off-season, but droping just 2 lbs for me at this time takes an all out effort on all fronts!

My body stayed at 147 for about 3 weeks straight. I was dieting and training like a MADWOMAN, and it just wouldn't budge. I was really confused. Then, i got very sick, and I think it was a blessing.

When I was sick for 4 days straight, I ate less than normal, but what I did eat was 100% on my diet. I had no appetite and couldn't taste, so I didn't WANT anything. I cut out all Splenda, spices, salsa, anything that wasn't protein or veggies,... and I RESTED!

That combo, got my body into motion. And it's been about 1 week since I first got sick, i feel 95% back to normal, my appetite is still IN CONTROL, i dont' have cravings and i'm also NOT torturing myself with workouts. I did very little this week and have already lost another lb.

I feel calm, in control, and just good. THIS is how I'll continue the next 4 weeks.

So when you meet someone in the last month of a dieting season, really choose your words carefully. Dont look at them like, "god, how do you do that?" or say "just tell me what you eat".... like you really think if I tell you what I eat, you could do it?!!! :)

Dont make someone like me, in my state, have to give you lots of information right now. It's just not possible. My brain only has room for me, my family, and my food. Then I'm sleepy.

Thanks, and can't wait to take pics again this weekend!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment