Aug 19, 2013

2 months post show.... finding BALANCE!

So here I sit, back to my "normal" body weight/size/bodyfat. Some days I have to REALLY focus on the fact that it's OK to not be in contest shape all the time. It's actually NOT possible. Finding balance in the day to day diet and workout routine is tough for me right after a show. I find myself still trying to eat egg whites for breakfast.... and wanting to go back to the gym a SECOND time at night.... hoping my butt will stay tighter just a little longer....

But in my logical mind, I know that I can add yogurt, fruit or a wrap with those eggs, and still be ok. I can go for a walk with my boys, or throw the baseball at night instead of climbing the dreaded stepper. And yes, my butt jiggles when I jump today.

I tell my clients "If you cannot eat or train the way you are today, FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, then you are on the wrong program.

Fitness is a lifestyle. Healthy eating is a lifestyle. I'm 43 and pretty sure that I've figured it out, but still struggle with my emotional brain at times. I slip up, but am pretty darn good most of the time.

It's ok. No one is perfect and no one eats perfect 100% of the time. When you see those people or trainers telling you that you CANT have a donut, run the other way! Create your own balance, learn to enjoy it, and live your life!

I'm going to go figure out what's for lunch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment